Dr. Brian Johnson was born and raised in Saratoga Springs, New York. After receiving a Bachelor of Science Degree from the College of William and Mary in Virginia, Dr. Johnson entered medical school at the Medical College of Virginia and received the Doctor of Medicine degree in 1982.
Dr. Johnson’s professional training in Orthopaedic surgery includes a one-year general surgery internship at Louisiana State University. He completed his Orthopaedic surgery residency in 1989 at the Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington. Dr. Johnson completed a fellowship (extra specialty training) in joint replacement surgery at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. Dr. Johnson is Board Certified in the specialty of Orthopaedic surgery with a special interest in hip and knee replacement surgery.
Since January 2012, Dr. Johnson has been serving as Executive Director of Orthopaedic Services at Baptist Hospital in Jackson, MS. Under his supervision, the program has thrived and excelled.
- Lt. Colonel, U.S. Army
- MC Flight Surgeon – Seoul, Korea
- Chief of Orthopaedics – 5th General Hospital in Germany
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- Mississippi State Medical Association
- Southern Medical Association
- Southern Orthopaedic Association