Dr. Graham Calvert was born in Meridian, Mississippi. He moved to Jackson, Mississippi at a young age where he graduated from Jackson Preparatory School. He completed his undergraduate studies at Mississippi State University in 2003, receiving a B.S. in Biological Engineering. In 2007 Dr. Calvert received his Doctor of Medicine from University of Mississippi School of Medicine in Jackson, Mississippi.
Dr. Calvert’s professional training includes the successful completion of an orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Alabama in Birmingham in 2012. Dr. Calvert completed his specialty training in Spine Surgery by completing a combined Neurosurgery and Orthopaedic Spine Surgery Fellowship at the University of Utah Medical Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. This fellowship provided him training by both neurosurgeons and orthpaedic spine surgeons. While there he served as an assistant clinical instructor to spine surgery and ran the spine surgery clinic at the Salt Lake Veterans Administration. He treated degenerative and traumatic conditions of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine as well as spinal deformities and spinal tumors. He also authored clinical research focusing on minimally invasive instrumentation of the spine with respect to cortical screw technology. His research has been published in the esteemed Journal of Neurosurgery and Global Spine Journal. He has been invited to speak on this research on a national level at the North American Spine Society annual meeting and at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons annual meeting. He has also authored text book chapters relevant to spinal anatomy.
Dr. Calvert provides consultation and treatment for patients with all spinal disorders, including cervical spine and complex spinal deformities. In addition to the latest techniques in spinal reconstruction, Dr. Calvert is also trained in minimally-invasive surgery and motion-preserving surgery.
- Eagle Scout
- President’s Scholar Mississippi State University
- Mississippi State University Hall of Fame
- William Forrest Hutchinson Award
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- HEADWAE Award
- AO Spine
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Mississippi Orthopaedic Society
- Class President, University of Mississippi Medical Center, School of Medicine Class of 2007
- Representative, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Associated Student Body
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor
- NASCAR Talladega Race Track Physician