MS Sports Medicine welcomes a new hand specialist
Jackson, MS – Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center is proud to announce that Dr. James A. “Jimbo” Moss, Jr. joins the Jackson-based, specialty orthopaedic practice Aug. 15. Moss makes expert number 17 at MSM and joins senior hand and wrist specialist, Dr. Chris Ethridge at the clinic.
“Welcoming Dr. Moss is a perfect example of experience meeting the next generation. Dr. Ethridge is an orthopaedic pioneer; he selected Jimbo Moss to mentor and assist with our growing number of patients,” said Glen Silverman, chief executive officer at MSM.
In addition to medical school, residency, and fellowship training, which are fundamental requirements for the sub-specialized practice, MSM pursues physicians who appreciate the culture and history of the state and who desire to add to it.
“Our practice insists upon the utmost in orthopaedic care. Jimbo embodies this element perfectly. He is a humble, family-man from the area with spectacular training and a compassionate demeanor. Patients will be at ease from the start,” added Silverman.
The Jackson native most recently completed his fellowship in hand and microsurgery at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Medical Center, which followed his earning a medical degree and completing a residency and internship at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
Make an appointment with Dr. Moss or any of the specialists at MSM by phone at (601) 354-4488, fill in the request appointment below, or the MSM mobile app.
Dr. James A “Jimbo” Moss, Jr. grew up in Jackson, MS. He graduated from Jackson Preparatory School, where he played football, basketball, baseball and ran track. He majored in engineering at the University of Mississippi then completed medical school and his residency at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson before moving to Alabama to complete a fellowship program in hand and microsurgery at the University of Alabama Birmingham Medical Center.
Dr. Moss returned to his hometown of Jackson in August 2016 to join the practice at Mississippi Sports Medicine as a hand and wrist specialist. In addition to sports, he enjoys mountain biking, wood turning, hunting and fishing, as well as family. He and his wife, Britney, have two sons and four dogs.
- Robert S. Caldwell, M.D. Memorial Award – Given to the top resident (University of Mississippi Medical Center) for excellence in medical care, record-keeping, patient relations, leadership and teaching. (2015)
- Orthopaedic In-Training Exam Highest Score Awards (2014, 2015)
- Senior Medical Student Award (2010) for outstanding work in orthopaedic
- American Society Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Mississippi State Medical Association (MSMA)
- Mississippi Orthopedic Society
- Jackson Orthopedic Society