WHAT IS THE ATHLETIC TRAINING OUTREACH PROGRAM?
Through our partnership with ELITE Physical Therapy, MSMOC’s Athletic Training Outreach Program provides on-site Certified Athletic Trainers to schools, and other organizations, during practices, at home and away games, and at other sporting events. Our athletic trainers provide coverage to over 75 public and private schools across Mississippi. We are experienced working with athletes from a wide range of sports, including football, soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, track and field, tennis, golf, swimming, volleyball, and cross country. If you have an event that requires medical coverage, contact us and we will get your event schedule in place with our medical personnel. Contact Marc Osborne at email@example.com to schedule your event coverage.
WHAT IS AN ATHLETIC TRAINER?
- Athletic trainers (ATs) are highly qualified, multi-skilled health care professionals who render service or treatment, under the direction of or in collaboration with a physician, in accordance with their education, training and the state's statutes, rules and regulations. As a part of the health care team, services provided by athletic trainers include primary care, injury and illness prevention, wellness promotion and education, emergent care, examination and clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. The NATA Code of Ethics states the principles of ethical behavior that should be followed in the practice of athletic training.
- Athletic trainers work with athletes, coaches and parents to make sure athletes are well prepared for activities, properly treated for injuries and can return to play safely and quickly. The American Academy of Pediatrics issued guidelines for football that recommend having an athletic trainer on the sidelines during games and practices. Learn more about athletic trainer certification and training.
Services we provide:
- Immediate emergency care and treatment; including cervical spine stabilization and cardiac emergencies
- Evaluate return to play
- Injury prevention, assessment, care and rehabilitation
- Taping, weight training programs and review of medical releases
- Conditioning and flexibility training suggestions
- Education about sports safety and nutrition
- Sport-specific training and conditioning programs
- Referrals when medically necessary
All of Mississippi Sports Medicine and Elite athletic trainers:
- Hold degrees from accredited programs, have passed the board of certification exam for athletic trainers, are licensed in the state, and have expertise working with athletes at all levels.
- Design programs to meet the unique needs of young athletes. We recommend age-appropriate training, teach proper technique and use clear, understandable language to educate children about sports and related health issues.
- Work to protect the best interest of the patients they serve. Serving as liaisons between student-athletes, parents and their coaches, athletic trainers help ensure that the athletes' health comes first.
- Evaluate and care for injuries on site, provide information about at-home care, refer athletes and parents for additional care and follow up to check that athletes are recovering well.
WHY CHOOSE MISSISSIPPI SPORTS MEDICINE/ELITE ATHLETIC TRAINING PROGRAM?
Staying and Getting Back in the Game
- We pride ourselves on prevention and education. We teach coaches, parents and athletes sport-specific conditioning and flexibility, nutrition and ways to avoid injury and perform better and more safely throughout the season. In the event of an injury, our team works closely with the athlete, family and coaches to ensure a safe, yet swift recovery back to the field. Whether it’s ruling out a fracture or treating a sprain, our athletic trainers can help save athletes an unnecessary trip to the emergency room.
The Largest, Most Experienced Team in our Region
- Mississippi Sports Medicine/ELITE Athletic Training Program offers the largest, most trusted team of Certified Athletic Trainers (ATs) in our region. Our athletic trainers provide coverage at more than 300 sporting events and conduct more than 33,500 assessments and over 80,000 treatments a year in Mississippi.
We're Here for You When You Need Us
- Our Athletic Training Outreach Program serves athletes of all ages and abilities. We offer quick access to our providers at one of our six clinic locations in Jackson, Madison, Flowood, Ruleville, Brookhaven, and Yazoo City and do not require a referral from a primary care physician.
- Our Sports Medicine Program offers both surgical and nonsurgical treatments as needed, with services that include injury prevention, physical therapy, rehabilitation, imaging, complementary medical treatment and appropriate nutrition. We are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of acute and chronic sports injuries, including strains and sprains, concussions, neck and back pain, shoulder and arm programs, hip and knee pain, torn knee ligaments, meniscal tears, shin splints and fractures.
Athletic Trainers' Outreach Activities
- Our athletic trainers take part in many community health fairs where they work with children and teens. They’re also available on a fee-for-service basis to cover a wide range of athletic events, including regional sporting events and at sports camps. The athletic trainers tailor their services to the specific needs of the participants at each of these events.
NEED MEDICAL COVERAGE FOR YOUR SPORTING EVENT?
Through our Athletic Training Outreach Program, we can provide any needed medical coverage you may need for your next sporting event. Contact us directly and we will get your event schedule in place with our medical personnel. Contact Marc Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your next event coverage.
SATURDAY SPORTS INJURY CLINICS ARE STARTING!
Saturday, August 20, 2022 Saturday Sports Injury Clinic starts. Check back for more information soon.
WE ARE PROUD TO PARTNER WITH THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS: