Dr. Rhett Hobgood was born in Vicksburg, Mississippi. He attended the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa and completed his undergraduate studies at Mississippi State University in 1995, receiving a B.S. in Microbiology. In 2001 Dr. Hobgood received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
Dr. Hobgood’s professional training in orthopaedic surgery includes the successful completion of an orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in 2006. While in residency, Dr. Hobgood participated in an AO International Fellowship with the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, New York. In July 2007, Dr. Hobgood completed a one-year fellowship at the California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, focused on arthroscopy and arthroplasty of the shoulder.
Dr. Hobgood is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, and Fellowship Trained (Shoulder Surgery).
- First Place Overall Award Winner, 19th Annual Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference, 2000
- Best Resident Presentation, MOS 2004
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), Learning Center Committee
- Mississippi Orthopaedic Society