Dr. R. Kerk Mehrle was born and raised in Lambert, Mississippi. He attended Millsaps College and received a Bachelor of Science degree from Millsaps College. Dr. Mehrle then attended medical school at the University of Mississippi Medical center and obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1999.
Dr. Mehrle’s training in Orthopedics began at the University of Mississippi Medical center completing the five year residency program. He then pursued his fellowship speciality training in Hip and Knee replacement in Phoenix, Arizona with Dr. Anthony Hedley at the Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders.
Dr. Mehrle was in practice for 6 years at the University of Mississippi Medical Center until joining Mississippi Sports Medicine in 2012. He is a board certified Orthopedic surgeon with a special interest in hip and knee replacements.
- Ronald Kendig Professor of the Year 2006 UMC
- UMC resident citizenship award
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Mississippi Orthopedic Society
- Southern Orthopedic Association
- Mississippi Medical Society